- Peel the butternut squash, sweet potatoes and carrot, and chop into small cubes.
- Pour a bit of oil into a wide pot and while still cold, add the chopped garlic, ginger and chili. Heat and slightly brown until the aroma appears. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add the vegetable cubes to the pot, add a pinch of salt. Stir and continue frying and mixing for 5-10 minutes.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil. Lower the flame. Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes until all the vegetables are completely soft.
- Blend the soup using a regular or stick immersion blender to make a smooth créme. Add chopped seaweed, coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar and lemon, and stir.
- Bring to a gentle boil in the pot and taste. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into serving bowls and garnish with seaweed.